June 1, 2012 is a date that melts my heart. It is the day that we vowed to be Husband and Wife. I am so honored to be in this life and in a loving partnership with my best friend. Chuck and I have been dating/married over a decade, and in October it will 13 years since our first date. I am still amazed by all the good and bad we have experienced and how strong we have become because of it.
So as we celebrate our 3rd Anniversary and look forward to many, many more, I want to share 3 things with you, our friends.
3 Things I Love About Chuck
- His hugs. They are all-encompassing, keep me safe, squish me against his chest and squeeze out all the bad I have had in the day.
- Laid back attitude. I am a constantly stressed, overachieving, Type A personality. He balances me. Nothing can really shake him and if it does, he bounces back pretty quickly. He is my rock. He keeps me grounded and sane. He also has the ability to drive me insane but that is another post.
- How he taught me to love myself. When we met, I was young. Just coming out of high school with a ton of insecurities, he quite literally taught me to smile. Having braces for 7 years, I had grown insecure about my mouth. We started dating 4 months after the braces came off. He would always ask me to smile and show him my “pearly whites”. I was so used to hiding my mouth that I refused to smile. He banished that and other insecure habits. He also taught me to love myself, by sharing with me what he saw and loved about me.
3 Things I Love About Being Married to Him
- His unwavering dedication to those he loves. When times were financially tough when I decided to start my business, he told me he would eat Mac and Cheese the rest of his life, if that is what it took took for me to reach my dreams and make me happy. .
- Our language. Over the years we have developed a secret language that only the two of us know. Born out of stories and moments that we shared and cherish and laughed over. Funny words, words mashed together. Secretly our own.
- Someone in my corner. No matter what he is right there, by my side, willing to fight life’s battles with me and for me.
3 Songs That Remind Me of Us
Lifehouse – Take Me Away – Our first dance wedding song. We were dating for a short period of time when he claimed this as “our song” back in 2003. It is even on the Jeannine’s 19th Birthday CD he made for me just a little over a month of dating.
3 Pictures of Us That I Love
Yeah we were babies when we first started dating. This was taken in August 2003 at the Salem Willows Amusement Park in Salem, MA.
I love this moment right after we were announced Husband and Wife. I love how candid this shot is, pure loving bliss.
This photo was taken on our honeymoon in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I love how symbolic it is, we will look out at our future, holding one another side by side.
3 Pieces of Marriage Advice
I want to share 3 pieces of valuable relationship advice that was given to me through the years.
- Value your time together – and apart. It is quality over quantity of time spent together. Make sure you have enough time for yourselves as a couple, your alone time and your time with friends. It is all about finding the perfect balance.
- Treasure what you have. Love is like holding sand in the palms of your hands. If you hold too tight it will slip through. You need to cradle and cherish it.
- Never go to bed without saying I love you. Even if you are angry and have a fight that cannot be resolved in that moment, always make sure you let the other know that you still love them.
I know this was a super cheesy post, but if you haven’t figured it out already, I am crazy about this man. Here is a little video of the past 13 years. I am looking forward to many, many more. Happy Anniversary my love!