I gave you the recipe to my Delicious Homemade Broccoli Salad, now I am sharing my 7 Step Easy-to-Make Potato Salad.
It is always a hit whenever I bring it to a cookout. This could be the fact that Chuck praises it up and down and no one has the heart to tell him otherwise. Just kidding, I always loved it when my Mom made it, she passed the recipe on to me and now I am sharing with you! This isn’t just a summer recipe either, it is a great side for any meal.
Note: This is a very basic recipe. You are welcome to add different ingredients to your liking. I have an extremely picky husband. Some suggestions to add would be: onions, raisins, or dried cranberries. They would all go nicely with this recipe.
- 1 5 lb. bag of potatoes (Any kind you like, I use Russet potatoes)
- 3 sticks of celery
- Celery Salt
- 1 Capful of Vinegar
- 2 packages of Sweet ‘N Low (sugar of your choice)
- 2 – 3 Cups of Mayo or Miracle Whip.
- Peel and dice the 5 lb. bag potatoes into cubes and place in pot of cold water.
- Once potatoes have been diced, place on the stove and boil the potatoes. Let the potatoes cubes boil for about 5 minutes. You can tell when they are ready when you can stick a fork in and remove it easily from the potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes, place in serving bowl or Tupperware container, let cool.
- Cut up the celery into thinly sliced pieces.
- Once the potatoes are cool add celery, celery salt, vinegar, Sweet ‘N Low, Mayo and mix together.
- Taste test: I may add a little more of one ingredient or the other to balance it out.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve chilled.
That is it!
You will WOW your guests or friends at your next family gathering. It is simple to make, the hardest part is peeling the potatoes.